Wednesday 24 March 2010

Phone box - Story



Last year, sometime in the winter I needed to make a phone call so I ran down to the nearest phone box. It was in use by a man of around 50. After 2 or 3 minutes waiting I had made the following assumptions about this character.

He was drunk.
He was an alcoholic.
He was calling his wife.
He had a surprisingly violent way of asking for forgiveness.

10 minutes later I was getting involved in this guys life. Sure I was pissed off about waiting around in the cold. I needed to make this call but never the less this guy made me laugh. If i went now, he'd probably end the call when im halfway to the next box. so I waited.

Another 5 minutes in I was angry. Looking over his shoulder i glanced the display on the phone.

*NO NUMBER DIALLED*

That's the story and Anthony is animating it pour moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment